We are excited to announce that, together with Pangols and Sloth Relief & Shelters, we are launching the first ever 5K race to benefit sloth conservation – The Great Sloth Run!
You can compete to win, or you can simply channel your inner sloth and go as slowly around the course as you like – as long as you make it to the finish line! Participants will receive a race T-shirt and a race medal, in addition to gifts from sponsors in the packet pick up. There will be prizes for first second and third place, in addition to a prize for the best sloth costume! The race is capped at 250 individuals so it’s probably best to sign up first and nap later!
This 5K will be held in Arlington, Virginia on November 3rd. The race will begin at 11:30 AM at Bon Air Park and participants will run along a section of the Bluemont Trail. Don’t worry if you aren’t in the area, we also have a limited virtual option for up to 50 people where you will still be able to receive a medal and a T-shirt in return for your participation. However, if you are going for this option we do encourage you to sign up quickly as places are limited and you may not receive your goodies in time for the event.
Here is how you can get involved:
1. If you would like to participate in the official run in Virginia, simply register here at Race Entry.
2. Virtual runners can purchase their participation package here.
3. Register to fundraise on Givebutter.
4. Start collecting donations – the more you fundraise for the sloths, the better! We are asking for people to try to raise $200 to start at the official event.
5. Check out the event page on the Pangols website!
6. Also, check out the Facebook event and reguster your attendance!
Good luck and see you on November 3rd!